Inn Lodging near SUWS of the Carolinas
“That delicate forest flower / With scented breath and look so like a smile / Seems, as it issues from the shapeless mould / An emanation of the indwelling Life / A visible token of the upholding Love / That are the soul of this great universe.” ~ William Cullen Bryant.
SUWS | SEASONS | PHOENIX OUTDOOR | APPROACH
Inn on Mill Creek has a longstanding relationship with SUWS of the Carolinas and Phoenix Outdoor. The Inn is 5-10 minutes from both Base Camp (the graduation site) and the Wolf Creek workshop facility. You’ll be staying at the closest accommodations to SUWS, while also just 10 minutes from Black Mountain, a charming town with excellent dining. Asheville is approximately 20-25 minutes from the Inn.
We are very familiar with the SUWS program, hosting thousands of parents in the past ten years. If you have any questions about travel details surrounding your workshop or graduation time, including things parents usually do or bring (e.g., how to dress for the weather), timing, or directions to Wolf Creek or Base Camp, etc., please don’t hesitate to ask.
Enjoy the following amenities as our guest:
- Discounted rates on reservations of two or more nights (with the exception of holidays and the fall high season)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Private bathrooms in all guest rooms
- DirecTV in all guest rooms
- Flexible check-in time to accommodate late flights or other travel demands
- Quiet, relaxing, contemporary lodging in a peaceful location
- Full breakfast timed to ensure that you are on time for workshops and graduation
- Information to help make your stay easy and stress-free, including driving directions, maps, restaurant recommendations, and weather forecasts
- Usually the opportunity to meet and talk with other parents who are staying at the inn
- The option at graduation time to return with your child to the inn for hot showers, with complimentary coffee, tea and baked goods. Guests tell us that they appreciate a comfortable atmosphere for those first few hours of reconnecting with their child. Typically, you return to the same room, the exception being if that room is reserved by other guests for the night that you’re in the field. If that happens, we’ll simply move your belongings to an open room for you to use after graduation. We offer this option at a flat rate of $50, rather than charging the full cost of reserving a room on the night you are in the field. You must indicate that you would like this option at the time you make your reservation online or over the phone.
Rooms & Rates
Enjoy discounted room rates (with the exception of our fall high season and holidays) for graduation or workshop reservations of two or more nights. The Asheville area is a year-round tourist destination and as a result, we typically have a two-night minimum. If you have stayed at the inn previously for a workshop and need a single night reservation for graduation, our two-night minimum may be waived subject to availability, and the special rate applied to your reservation.
Single night reservation requests for workshops, as well as single night reservation requests for graduation stays for guests who have not stayed with us previously, are considered based on season and availability, and are booked at the current nightly rate.
The typical workshop stay is two or three nights. And with the exception of SEASONS graduations, the typical graduation stay is Sunday and Monday nights, with Tuesday night spent in the field with your graduate.
When reserving online (two night minimum):
- You’ll be able to select SUWS as a special rate.
- If you are coming for graduation, please select the SUWS Graduation Luggage Hold/Late Check-out option
You can also reserve a room by calling us at (828) 668-1115 (9:30am-9pm EST daily).
The typical Seasons graduation stay at Inn on Mill Creek is one night (Sunday), and includes Monday morning breakfast, as well as the option to return for showers and coffee after graduation on Tuesday morning. If you have stayed at the Inn previously for the workshop, our two-night minimum is waived, subject to availability, and the special rate is applied to your reservation. Beyond the shorter stay, the information for SEASONS parents follows our regular graduation procedures.
As mentioned above, we’re very flexible with check-in times; we’re sympathetic to the demands of a long day of travel that often including a flight, car rental, and drive from an airport… or just a full day of driving itself. We can recommend and, if desired, make reservations for nearby dinner locations before or after check-in, and we can make arrangements with you for a self check-in if you anticipate arriving after 10:00pm.
We do our utmost to make your stay and graduation go as smoothly as possible. Please feel free to call or e-mail us with any questions.