Spring is right around the corner! With that in mind, we will be bringing you photos on Friday of what Spring looks like here at the Inn on Mill Creek.
To get you in the Spring mood, we’ve heard about the following events coming soon to our area, which we share here with you:
- Enchanted Easter at Biltmore will take place March 23 at Biltmore Estate. The fun day for kids includes photo opportunities with Peter Cottontail, mural painting, storytelling, magic shows, grape stomping at the winery and Easter egg hunts at noon and 2pm on the front lawn (please bring your own basket for collecting eggs). Plus, admission is free for kids now through April 4.
- The 4th annual Asheville Artisans Bread Festival will take place on March 29. The festival, free to the public, brings together 15 local artisan bakeries and hundreds of bread lovers for a celebration of great bread and pastries. From 10am -2pm, the bakers will be sampling and selling bread at Greenlife Grocery in Asheville (70 Merrimon Avenue). From noon to 6pm, there will workshops and lectures on bread baking., featuring Peter Reinhart, the well-known author and baker from Johnson & Wales University.
- The WNC Orchid Show and Sale will take place March 29-30, at the North Carolina Arboretum. The show will include trail walks, demonstrations, exhibits and the opportunity to purchase orchids from a variety of vendors. More information available here.
- The Land of the Sky Symphonic Band will perform a benefit concert at the Greenlee Theatre on April 5, at 7:00 p.m. The symphonic band includes both amateur and professional musicians who live in McDowell County and the surrounding area. The concert will feature selections from Gordon Jacob, Julius Fucik, J.S. Bach, Glen Miller, Sousa, Bernstein and more. All proceeds from the performance will help fund the construction of a new artisan gift shop located at the McDowell Arts Council Association in Marion. Tickets for the concert are $25 and you must reserve your seat by March 29. To purchase tickets or learn more about the event, please contact the McDowell Arts Council at 828.652.8610.
- From April 5 to May 18, enjoy the Festival of Flowers at Biltmore Estate. During Festival of Flowers, the Estate’s seasonal beauty is showcased with a stunning tulip display in the Walled Garden, cascades of native and exotic blooms in the natural gardens and walking trails, and delicate arrangements inside Biltmore House. On the weekends, Biltmore’s Winery joins the celebration with a commemorative Festival of Flowers wine and music, wine programs, and childrens activities. In the Farm Village, blacksmiths, woodworkers, and farmers demonstrate their skills on Saturdays and Sundays. More information is available at the Biltmore Estate website.