|Black Mountain Holly Jolly [Photo Credit: Rebecca D’Angelo Photography]|
Black Mountain has a great weekend planned after Thanksgiving weekend as part of its Christmastime festivities. And don’t forget, you can stay at the Inn on Mill Creek for half-price on a 2 night stay OR stay 3 nights and the third night is free, from Dec. 1-21, 2013.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6
- Holly Jolly (5pm-9pm): Black Mountain’s shops will stay open late, serving refreshments. It’s a great opportunity to support small local businesses and experience the wonderful hospitality of a small mountain town. Plus, Santa will make an appearance.
- Holly Jolly Pottery Market (6pm-8pm): This pottery show and sale features works from teachers and students at Black Mountain Center for the Art. See www.blackmountainarts.org for details.
- Kat Williams and Band (8pm): Emmy-nominated blues singer Kat Williams takes the stage at the White Horse Black Mountain music venue in downtown Black Mountain in a humor-filled concert called Not Your Mama’s Christmas Show. Visit the White Horse website to learn more and buy tickets or call 828.669.8305.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7
- Black Mountain Chamber Open House featuring Santa (noon-3pm): Santa visits the Black Mountain-Swannanoa Chamber and Visitors Center on State Street in downtown Black Mountain. Enjoy light refreshments and see what’s new at the Visitors Center. You can also have your picture taken with Santa for just $10.
- Christmas Parade (4pm): The Black Mountain Christmas Parade is an annual tradition and if you like small town parades, this one is for you! Call the Chamber at 828.669.2300 for more information.
- Circle of Lights and Lake Tomahawk (5pm-7pm): Black Mountain Recreation & Parks coordinates this annual free event after the Black Mountain Christmas Parade, in which luminaries line the half-mile walking path around Lake Tomahawk, just northwest of downtown. After strolling the loop, you can enjoy refreshments by a bonfire.
- AmiciMusic presents Daniel Weiser and Philip Liston-Craft (7:30pm): White Horse Black Mountain will host pianists Daniel Weiser on Saturday evening, in a concert called Four-Hand Fantasy, where Weiser and Liston-Craft play on a single piano. Visit the White Horse website to buy learn more and buy tickets or call 828.669.8305.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8
- A Blue Ridge Christmas featuring Sheila Kay Adams and Michael Reno Harrell (3:00pm): Storytellers Adams and Harrell will be at White Horse Black Mountain on Sunday afternoon. Visit the White Horse website to learn more and buy tickets or call 828.669.8305.