We’ve been working hard to prepare the Inn on Mill Creek to reopen as the state of North Carolina continues its phased reopening of the state, and we’re excited to welcome guests again to our Bed & Breakfast near Asheville, NC, beginning May 22, with a few adjustments. Read on for details!
We know that a lot of you have cabin fever and are ready for a getaway after staying at home for several weeks. Our guests are our number one priority and we’re making every effort to prepare for reopening with the goal that you will feel safe and comfortable, be able to de-stress, and have all the information you need to enjoy your trip to western North Carolina.
While the Inn on Mill Creek Bed & Breakfast is set up perfectly for social distancing, with plenty of elbow room indoors and out, the following supplementary adjustments to our procedures and policies begin on May 22, 2020 and will continue through at least June 30, 2020, and are subject to change as necessary:
Reservations and Occupancy… Keeping It Small
- Occupancy will be kept at no more than 3 guest rooms at a time.
- A minimum 2-day buffer will be in place around each room reservation to allow for deep cleaning and disinfecting between guests.
- Rooms next to each other will not be reserved at the same time unless it’s a group traveling together.
- As always, our policy is to take payment for your deposit and reservation balance securely online using your credit card on file. We currently ask that you not use a different card to pay your balance at this time in order to reduce our contact with your personal property. Also, no cash or check payments please at this time.
- If you would like to take advantage of our self check-in option, where you receive details for getting to your room and other instructions in advance rather than at check-in, select self check-in during your online reservation process or while making your reservation over the phone. Instructions will be sent to you after your reservation is confirmed. Of course, we’re always available by phone or email if you need us.
- If you prefer a regular check-in, we’re still doing those, too! We’re always happy to welcome you with a smile and hello and show you to your room. We only ask that you please help us follow proper social distancing measures so that we can remain open for business.
- The Inn on Mill Creek dining area is set up well for social distancing, with separate tables that seat no more than 4 people. Please note we are currently setting tables so that they are at least six feet apart.
- You continue to have the option between two breakfast seatings.
- Breakfast delivery to your room is available on request.
- As a licensed Bed & Breakfast, we are already ServSafe certified in food service and safety.
- Our health department regulations already require that we have a commercial dishwasher that cleans and sanitizes dishes, glasses, and silverware.
- The Inn on Mill Creek already follows strict cleaning guidelines set forth by our county health department and we’re inspected regularly, so you can be assured that our housekeeping best practices will continue, including laundering of all bed and bath linens between stays, routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and frequent-touch items like remote controls and light switches, and so forth. And we’re making sure that guest rooms and common areas are being cleaned and disinfected in accordance with special guidelines from the independent lodging industry, hospitality industry, and the CDC.
- We have paused our daily housekeeping service to minimize our contact with your room during your stay. Fresh towels or bed linens, trash removal, etc., are available by request for stays of two nights or more. If you know that you will need extra amenities in advance, please let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
- Room keys continue to be sanitized prior to and after each guest.
- We encourage frequent hand washing and continue to offer anti-bacterial liquid hand soap in all guest bathrooms and any common areas with sinks.
- Our complimentary room amenities now include 2 oz. take-home bottles of hand sanitizer.
- If you borrow games, puzzles, books, magazines or movies from common areas during your stay, we ask that you please leave them in your room at check-out so they can be cleaned and sanitized as part of our housekeeping process before being put away.
Adjustments to our Cancellation Policy
- Our normal cancellation policy is back in effect, with the exception that if new travel restrictions are put in place during the time that you have a reservation with us, your reservation will be canceled and your deposit refunded.
Helpful Planning Tips for Our Guests
- Many of our local restaurants are currently offering carry-out/curbside service, and some may be offering limited on-site dining. As always, you are welcome to bring food back to the Inn on Mill Creek for dining here on the property. We have plenty of room for you to enjoy lunch or dinner. You’ll get a list from us prior to your stay with the names of restaurants that are open, their hours, phone numbers and addresses, and what kind of service they are providing. Please be aware that information can change quickly at this time.
- Many of our local stores and attractions are requesting (and sometimes requiring) that visitors wear masks/facial coverings. Most businesses and attractions are sharing their policies on their websites and social media so that you can plan ahead. We encourage you to bring a facial covering if you plan to be in a place where it is difficult to maintain proper social distance.
- For everyone’s safety, we ask that you delay your plans to stay with us if you’re not feeling well, if you’ve traveled recently away from home, if you live somewhere with a stay-at-home order that is still in effect, if you know you’ve been exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the past few weeks, or if you are a member of a high-risk group. We will be here when you are ready and able to travel.
Finally, we’d like to take a moment to say THANK YOU to everyone who has sent us messages of encouragement and support. As a small business, this has been a tough experience, but we are so grateful to have the best guests and a wonderful support system.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by phone at 828-668-1115 (9:30 am to 9:00 pm EST) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website for availability and to reserve your stay: www.innonmillcreek.com.