We want to take the opportunity to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone for your support and to all of you who stayed with us over this past “not-normal” year. We are so grateful for you!
The Inn on Mill Creek Bed & Breakfast reopened in late May of 2020, after being closed for three months during the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Since that time, we’ve had several adjustments in place to help you stay safe during your travels to our neck of the woods. We want to continue providing a stress-free, relaxing, and safe environment for you and starting April 1, 2021, we will continue some of our adjustments while moving toward transitioning back to some of our normal operations when it comes to other procedures. We remain vigilant and cautious, with your safety and comfort as our top priority. Ready to travel? Read on for details!
(Updated May 1, 2021)
Reservations and Occupancy
- After nine months of limiting occupancy to three rooms at a time, we will be slowly transitioning back to our regular occupancy over the next few months. Keep in mind the Inn on Mill Creek is a small but spacious Bed & Breakfast. We have just five rooms total, split between two buildings, and our B&B is set on 7.5 private acres with no neighbors, so you can feel peace of mind that there are no crowds here.
- Please wear your mask indoors at the Inn on Mill Creek B&B when you are unable to maintain six feet of distance from those who are not in your group or if you are in close proximity to others for long periods of time. Masks are not required outdoors.
- We continue to offer the option of self check-in during our normal check-in hours. If you would like to take advantage this option, where you receive details for getting to your room and other instructions in advance rather than at check-in, please select self check-in during your online reservation process or while making your reservation over the phone. Instructions will be sent to you after your reservation is confirmed. Of course, we’re always available by phone or email if you need us. As with regular check-ins, self check-ins begin at 3:00 pm.
- If you prefer our usual in-person check-in, we’re doing those, too! We’re always happy to welcome you with a smile and hello and show you to your room.
- The Inn on Mill Creek dining area is set up well for social distancing. We continue to seat guests from different parties at least six feet apart at separate tables.
- Our sunny solarium provides great air flow to bring in that fresh mountain air at breakfast.
- As always, we offer two breakfast seatings. There may be a chance that we ask you to choose a specific seating time in order to allow us to keep social distancing protocols in place.
- Breakfast delivery to your room is available on request.
- As a licensed Bed & Breakfast, we are already ServSafe certified in food service and safety.
- Our health department regulations already require that we have a commercial dishwasher that cleans and sanitizes dishes, glasses, and silverware.
- The Inn on Mill Creek already follows strict cleaning guidelines set forth by our county health department and we’re inspected regularly, so you can be assured that our housekeeping best practices will continue, including laundering of all bed and bath linens between stays, routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and frequent-touch items like remote controls and light switches, and so forth. And we’re making sure that guest rooms and common areas are being cleaned and disinfected in accordance with special guidelines from the independent lodging industry, hospitality industry, and the CDC.
- Daily housekeeping has returned to normal; we freshen rooms daily during the hours of noon and 2:00 pm. You may opt out of daily housekeeping.
- Room keys continue to be sanitized prior to and after each guest.
- We encourage frequent hand washing and continue to offer anti-bacterial liquid hand soap in all guest bathrooms and any common areas with sinks.
- Hand sanitizer is available in guest areas, such as dining areas and the Great Room.
Adjustments to our Cancellation Policy
- Our normal cancellation policy is in effect, with one exception: If you test positive for COVID-19 before your stay, please contact us as soon as possible and we will move your reservation to a date in the future, subject to availability, without penalty. If you cannot reschedule right away, we will convert your deposit to a gift certificate and you will be able to use it for a future stay within 6 months.
Helpful Planning Tips for Our Guests
- Our local businesses and attractions are requiring that visitors wear masks to comply with North Carolina’s Phase 3 of reopening the state. Most businesses and attractions are sharing their policies on their websites and social media so that you can plan ahead.
- Restaurants can offer dine-in service up to 75% capacity indoors and 100% outdoors effective March 26, 2021. Masks are required at restaurants. As always, you are welcome to bring food back to the Inn on Mill Creek for dining here on the property. We have plenty of room for you to enjoy lunch or dinner. You’ll get a list from us prior to your stay with the names of restaurants that are open, their hours, phone numbers and addresses, and what kind of service they are providing. Please be aware that information can change quickly at this time.
- Informational links: CDC’s latest guidelines for travelers and Guidelines for those who have been fully vaccinated
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by phone at 828-668-1115 (9:30 am to 9:00 pm EST) or email at email@example.com.
Visit our website for availability and to reserve your stay: www.innonmillcreek.com.