Catawba Falls in Pisgah National Forest has become one of the most-loved waterfall hikes around here, and with it being the closest waterfall to the Inn on Mill Creek B&B, it is for sure appreciated by our nature loving guests. That’s why we want to share that the trail is currently undergoing improvements by the U.S. Forest Service and is slated to reopen in Spring of 2023.
March 2023 Update: the U.S. Forest Service received funding to continue on to Phase 2 of the trail improvement project and Catawba Falls will now be reopening in 2024. Read more here.
The work being done in 2022 is the first phase of a multi-phase project to extend the trail to the upper falls and beyond.
Check out this informational video for details: https://fb.watch/drsxFiAZdW/
While the trail improvements are happening at Catawba Falls, here are a few alternatives:
- Hickory Branch Trail in Old Fort (Curtis Creek Recreation Area)
- Toms Creek Falls in Marion
- Roaring Fork Falls off the Blue Ridge Parkway near Mt. Mitchell State Park
- Crabtree Falls off the Blue Ridge Parkway near Little Switzerland
- Linville Falls off the Blue Ridge Parkway near Linville and Grandfather Mountain
- Douglas Falls in the Big Ivy area of Pisgah National Forest
- Waterfall Hikes in Dupont State Forest near Brevard