Visiting Our Bed and Breakfast in North Carolina
“To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.” ~ Jane Austen
Our first policy is to serve you, our guest. Our hope is that you’ll enjoy your stay in our neck of the woods and that you’ll return as our guest to Inn on Mill Creek.
Making Reservations | Payment
To provide a great experience for our guests, we don’t overbook the inn. As a small B&B, we have a limited number of rooms, so when you make your reservation, your room is guaranteed with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover), and the reservation is subject to our cancellation policy.
- Rates may vary due to seasonality, holidays and events, and are based on double occupancy unless otherwise indicated; add $25 per person, per night for additional guests
- If booking all 6 rooms, maximum occupancy is 15 guests; see our B&B specials page for information regarding Group Reservation rates
- Breakfast is provided to all overnight guests at no charge
- Advance deposit is not required unless reserving three or more rooms
- A Group Reservation of three or more rooms that is held on a single credit card requires 50% deposit, a portion of which is non-refundable.
- Payment is due prior to check-out and can be made with cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover
Checking In | Checking Out
- Check-in is from 3:00pm-5:30pm.
- Arrival times between 5:30pm and 10pm can be arranged with advance notice.
- Guests arriving past 10pm will receive instructions for self check-in.
- Check-out is 11:00am.
Cancellations (one or two rooms on a reservation)
- Cancellations 14 days or more before check-in date: You will be charged $30, which can be used as a one-time credit toward a future stay within two years of the canceled reservation. Any further cancellations will incur charges that are not eligible as future stay credits.
- Cancellations LESS than 14 days before check-in, but still ahead of that date: We reserve the right to hold you responsible for 50% of your unused reservation. Do let us know as soon as possible… if we can fully or partially rebook the room, we reduce this charge proportionately (to a minimum of $30). We dislike charging anyone for time they are not here – that’s not our goal, and maintaining goodwill is important to us as a business. But this is our livelihood, and a late cancellation on a room that has been off the availability chart for a prolonged period of time can often result in the inability to rebook the room. We feel that 50% is a fair burden to both parties for a room left empty.
- No shows and same day cancellations: By not allowing any possibility of rebooking the room, no shows and same-day cancellations will incur full cost of the reservation.
Group Reservation Cancellations (three or more rooms on a reservation)
- With 30 or more days’ notice: $150 cancellation charge (for weddings, this does not include officiants’ non-refundable deposit amount)
- With 14-30 days’ notice: Loss of the 50% deposit, with reduction of charges to a minimum of $150 for any rooms that can be rebooked.
- Less than 14 days’ notice: You will be charged the full cost of the reservation, with reduction of charges to the minimum of $150 for rooms that can be rebooked.
Single Night Reservations
Inn on Mill Creek has a two-night minimum, due to high demand for reservations of two or more nights in our area. Single night requests may be considered within five days of arrival. Single night reservations must be made by phone, and are not eligible for discounts.
Since we’re a small bed & breakfast, same-day reservations have very limited availability.
Having had a small destination wedding ourselves in this area, we love to share our little spot in the woods for couples who are tying the knot. Want to elope near Asheville? Planning a small wedding in the North Carolina mountains? Check our weddings page for details.
We welcome well-behaved children to Inn on Mill Creek. Our Mountain Laurel and Maple Tree rooms have lofts with full-size beds that provide a great experience for kids. Please note, guests must be at least 18 years old to occupy a room without an adult. In other words, we will not make a room reservation for a minor without an adult staying in the room as well. Children under the age of 12 must be in the company of an adult at all times when on our property.
If you’re traveling with an infant or toddler, please contact us in advance for room availability. Inn on Mill Creek is known as a relaxing and peaceful destination. If other guests have already reserved a room at the Inn for a quiet getaway, we’ll do our best to accommodate you and your little one, while keeping with the wishes of guests who already have reservations. We have one Pack-n-Play available for use. High chairs and booster seats are not provided.
We know how great it is to be able to travel with the innpugs. We welcome non-aggressive, well-behaved pets in the Oak Leaf Room, with an “extra guest” rate of $10 per night per pet, which covers extra cleaning. Number of guest pets is typically limited to two, but that may be more or less depending on ages, sizes and breeds. Please confirm with us ahead of time if you wish to bring more than one pet.
We require that your pet is current on his or her vaccinations, and your pet must also be on a regular flea/tick prevention treatment program. A pet waiver, which is part of our standard check-in form, must also be signed when you arrive. We do reserve the right to full reimbursement for damage caused by guest pets (or humans).
For the comfort and safety of our diverse group of guests and our resident innpugs, guest pets are not permitted in public areas of the Main House (i.e., kitchen, library loft, great room, dining solarium). When outdoors, guest pets should be leashed at all times. Pooper-scoopers are provided. While you’re on Inn property, your pet is permitted to remain in your room unattended. While you’re out and about and off the property, we request that you crate your pet or make similar arrangements to confine your pet to the room. We have a 27″ tall crate available to use free-of-charge.
If your pet is disruptive or a problem arises that cannot be resolved (e.g., excessive barking, lack of control, pet being left without proper confinement, etc.), we will be happy to recommend a nearby doggie daycare facility, or will ask that you seek alternative accommodations.