Elopements and Small Weddings in the North Carolina Mountains
“Two such as you with such a master speed cannot be parted nor be swept away from one another once you are agreed that life is only life forevermore together wing to wing and oar to oar. ~ Robert Frost
The natural beauty found at Inn on Mill Creek inside Pisgah National Forest near Asheville and Black Mountain, NC, makes our B&B a fabulous destination for casual elopements and intimate microweddings. Traditional or non-traditional…it’s up to you! Couples who marry at Inn on Mill Creek want an uncomplicated, stress-free wedding in a pretty and peaceful setting. If that sounds like you, our B&B may be the perfect place for your special day!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I book the inn for my elopement or small wedding? After reading the information on this page, please contact us via e-mail or at 828-668-1115 with any questions or to reserve your date. We had a small destination wedding ourselves, so we know what it’s like to plan one. You can contact us at any time with planning questions, and we’ll look forward to hosting you at Inn on Mill Creek for your big day!
How many guests can I have? Inn on Mill Creek specializes in just-the-two-of-you elopements, as well as small outdoor weddings for groups of up to 10 guests plus the couple getting married for a total of 12 in the group. We regret that we cannot make exceptions if you have more than 12 in your group, but we can provide a list of great alternatives for larger groups. The guest list is kept small in order to create a comfortable setting for you and your loved ones, and to maintain the tranquil and natural setting of the national forest in which our Bed & Breakfast is situated.
How much will it cost? We have three options for couples getting married at Inn on Mill Creek. See below for details! Need a little help with planning? As our guest, you’ll receive our recommended vendor list for photographers, hair salons and more.
STRESS-FREE ELOPEMENT PACKAGE: Starting at $1,170
Keep it simple yet stylish for just the two of you and say “I do” in a beautiful natural setting inside Pisgah National Forest! Dates for elopements are available year-round. Up to two witnesses may join you as your guests, or we will be honored to serve as your witnesses. Total cost will vary depending on seasonality, number of nights reserved, and if you would like for us to arrange for an officiant. A non-refundable deposit of $250 will reserve your date. Your package includes:
- Overnight accommodations in the room of your choice, subject to availability (2 night minimum)
- A fantastic full breakfast each morning, with the option of having breakfast delivered to your room
- A local officiant to perform a love-centered traditional or non-traditional wedding ceremony (an additional fee may apply for a one-of-a kind customized ceremony)
- The ability to hold your ceremony at your favorite spot on our 7.5 private wooded acres
- Use of tables and/or chairs for your ceremony if needed
- Assistance with any decorations you would like to bring
- A tasteful seasonal wildflower/native flower bouquet and matching boutonniere, or combination of the two
- A cake that’s perfect for two, for you to enjoy during your stay
- A list of excellent local wedding vendors, such as photographers, to make your search easy
If you would like to have a casual elopement — just the two of you — at the Inn on Mill Creek without reserving overnight accommodations, that is also an option! Please contact us for availability and pricing.
INTIMATE WEDDING CEREMONY, UP TO 8 ATTENDEES: Contact for pricing
Rent a portion of our serene wooded property inside Pisgah National Forest for up to two hours for your ceremony. Dates are available from April 1 through the first weekend in October. Total cost will vary depending on seasonality and officiant fees. The details:
- You have several outdoor locations to choose from – a deck overlooking a pond with a beautiful arbor, an apple orchard, mossy lawns under tall trees, garden spaces, just to name a few; chairs available
- Overnight accommodations for you and your guests may be reserved based on availability; there is a two-night minimum for overnight reservations
- Please come dressed and ready to wed if you do not reserve overnight accommodations or make arrangements to rent one of our rooms the day of your ceremony
- Reception space is available with rental of the entire Inn — see the next option below
- Please note that if you do not rent the entire inn, other guests may be on the property during your event
- A 50% deposit ($350 of which is non-refundable) will hold your date
RESERVE THE ENTIRE INN, MAXIMUM OF 12 IN YOUR GROUP: Contact for pricing
Weddings with more than 8 attendees and/or those that include a reception require booking Inn on Mill Creek for at least two nights (three-night minimum in October). Reserving the B&B gives you and your loved ones a chance to connect, enjoy one another’s company and celebrate your special day in a private, casual and comfortable setting. Dates are available from April 1 through the first weekend in October. Total cost will vary depending on seasonality and officiant fees. More details:
- Includes overnight accommodations for up to 12 people
- Full breakfast is served each morning for all guests staying at the Inn
- You will have complete use of outdoor property at Inn on Mill Creek – set on more than seven acres inside Pisgah National Forest – for photos, decorations, wedding preparations, ceremony and reception (includes chairs and tables, as well as dishware, flatware, etc.); does not include use of the Inn’s commercial kitchen except by professional caterers due to licensing restrictions
- You have the option to have a professionally catered reception for you and your guests at the Inn; catering arranged separately
- As your hosts, we also provide concierge services, including making reservations for your group at one of our fantastic local restaurants, providing information on local attractions and recommending activities for your guests
- A 50% deposit ($350 of which is non-refundable) will hold your date
OTHER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you provide planning services? If you need formal planning assistance, we recommend that you work with a local wedding consultant. Please contact us for referrals.
When can I hold my wedding? If it’s just the two of you, you can elope at the Inn any time of year. For groups of up to 12, weddings at the Inn can be scheduled from April through the first weekend in October.
I’m planning a destination wedding…I’m not from this area. Can you help me plan activities for my guests who are coming from out of town? We can help! Check our Activities page for a wealth of information on activities to keep your guests busy during their stay in our area. Also, our blog has a wealth of trip planning information. Please feel free to contact us directly for suggestions as well.
I need a place to host my family reunion, retreat for my organization, etc. Can I use the Inn on Mill Creek? The Inn on Mill Creek B&B is available for special events with the reservation of at least three rooms (two-night minimum). The Inn can accommodate up to 12 overnight guests. Please contact us via e-mail or at 828-668-1115 to share the details of your request.