|White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cherries from the Inn on Mill Creek|
We tweaked a recipe we had for soft chocolate chip cookies, cutting some of the sugar and substituting white chocolate chips for milk chocolate, then adding dried cherries. Hello, cookie goodness. Here’s the recipe…let us know what you think!
White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cherries
from the Inn on Mill Creek Bed & Breakfast
Prep+bake time: 30 minutes / Makes 3 dozen
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cups (12 tablespoons or 1 1/2 sticks) butter
1 and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 bag (12 oz) of white chocolate chips
6 oz. dried cherries, coarsely chopped (we try to get them chocolate chip-sized)
1. Beat sugar, brown sugar and butter in an electric mixer until well blended.
2. Add eggs and vanilla to sugar/butter mixture and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together baking soda, salt and flour.
4. Add flour mix to sugar/butter/egg mix and mix well.
5. Mix in the chocolate chips (we manually add and mix with a wooden spoon)
6. Mix in chopped dried cherries (same process as chocolate chips)
7. Drop dough onto cookie sheets, rounded by the tablespoon.
8. Bake for 10 minutes. When they turn a light golden brown, they’re ready!